All That You Have To Know About The H1B Visa
Under the immigration and nationality act, H1B is a non-immigrant visa that temporarily permits to stay in the US as an employee over the prescribed period and Mr.Trump who was then a presidential candidate favored the H1B visa. The President of United States of America, Donald Trump has extended his support for the H1B visas. People across the globe are well aware of the fact that imposing strict restrictions on foreign visas can act as a threat to the employee of the United States of America who are foreign nationals.
But due to his constant promises and electoral vows the people of America had no other go but to take the H1B visas as it is. Trump also promised to take care of the welfare of American workers. The H1B visa went in for a bit of scrutiny recently after Mr.Trump signed the ‘Buy American, Hire American’ executive order. Many nations found it quite troubling as they didn’t know what to expect if the H1B visa clauses are scrutinized.
Benefits of H1B visa:
- The reforms in H1B visa are beneficial to a certain extent. Earlier an individual should possess a master’s degree or a management course besides having a proper employer located abroad ready to give him a place.
- Now under the reformed visa liberalizes that. It is enough if the candidate has a degree and a job which requires that degree and your expertise. Though it is not simple to find an employer who can provide you a proper job matching all the requirements, at least the law has a relaxation there.
- This Visa lets you stay for a period of three years and an extension of the same is also easily possible.
- The best of H1B visa is that anyone can apply for it, irrespective of his nationality.
- The H1B visas function on a dual intent, where the individual can actually seek a legal permanent residency, under the prevailing non-immigrant status itself.
Limitations of H1B visas:
- H1B visas have an annual limit. The number of visas to be approved for a year is limited and that is the biggest drawback.
- While extensions of the stay period are quite easier on other visas, which even support a permanent stay, H1B visas can offer an approved stay only for a period of 6 years.
- The dates are fixed and applying for a visa cannot happen in the mid of a year or so on. The application process starts only on April 1st of a year.
- This type of visa is very particular about the job offer an individual holds, only then he qualifies for the visa.
- Getting to work in a different country is a great opportunity. At the same time, it is the duty of the government executives to ensure that the policies of the land face a reformation and contributing for the betterment of its residents.